- 12 inches worth of thick spareribs (try to get those with some fatty meat, the ribs should be about 3/4 inches thick)
- Garlic (sliced) - about 4 cloves
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 2 egg whites, whisked lightly
For the batter:
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsbp flour
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Oil for deep-frying
- Marinate the spare ribs in the garlic slices, soy sauce and corn flour and place in the fridge for over 1 hour. Next, prepare the batter with the water and flour. The batter is rather watery and light, if you increase the quantity of the ribs, just make sure that the ratio of water to flour is 2:1. Dip the spare ribs first in whisked egg white then in the batter and deep-fry till cooked. You may use medium heat after the oil has been throughly heated up. Next, remove the oil from the wok, leaving about 1 tbsp in the wok.
- Now, prepare the sauce. Simply mix the white vinegar, ketchup and sugar together. With the remaining oil in the wok, fry the remaining garlic slices until fragrant. Pour in the sauce and allow to boil. Finally, place the deep-fried spare ribs into the wok and stir around until well coated. It is imperative not to add water into the sauce. The dish is ready to be served. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Share It To Your Friends!