- 130g of chicken breast, boneless and skinless cut in to cubes of about 1 inch
- 1 tbs of flour
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3/4 of a long red chilli, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 stem of lemongrass (white part only), chopped finely. This is equivalent to about 2 tbs of lemongrass
- 1 tsp of minced garlic or one clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 tsp of raw sugar
- 1 tsp of dry sherry
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 30ml of chicken stock (2 tbs)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (about 400 F)
- Mix the flour and salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Toss the chicken in the flour and salt and pepper mix, making sure that the chicken is evenly coated.
- On a medium-high stove, heat the olive oil and sesame oil in an oven proof fry pan.
- Once the oils are hot add the chilli and lemongrass. The oil should sizzle when you add the ingredients.
- Stirfry the chilli and lemongrass for about 2 minutes until they both start to soften.
- Add the chicken to the fry pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes, turning the chicken during the process until it is lightly golden on all sides.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, mix the garlic, sugar, sherry, soy sauce and chicken stock in a small bowl to make a sauce mix.
- Once chicken has changed colour, pour the sauce mix over the chicken and stir well.
- Pop the fry pan in to the oven and cook for about 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. If you want to make a larger batch, then the chicken may take longer.
- Give one final stir and serve over rice.
Source: Shrinking Singles
Share It To Your Friends!