- Lemon Garlic Squid
- Olive oil
- 300 grams squid
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- Sea salt
- Prepare the squid. then cut it into strips.
- Heat a couple of generous swirls of olive oil in a skillet. You want a nice thin layer of oil that lines the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is hot add the garlic and let this sizzle for a bit – let the garlic soften but not get too toasted.
- Add the squid and let them cook, while shaking the pan back and forth , until opaque and curled. This happens in under a minute so watch it! Do not overcook the squid or you will end up with sad bits of rubber.
- When the squid just starts to curl toss in the parsley, some salt, and keep shaking (the pan, not you…although you can go ahead and shimmy along if the mood takes you).
- As soon as the squid is done, right after it’s gone opaque and curly, take it off the heat and squeeze in the juice of half a lemon. Swirl the pan as the lemon juice sizzles to mix. Check and adjust seasoning. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top.
- Serve immediately with the other half of the lemon for anyone who would like a squeeze or two more.
Source: 80 Breakfast
Share It To Your Friends!