- Leftover lechon meat, excess fat trimmed and sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 6 – 8 cups water that was used to wash rice (rice washing)
- 3 – 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 ½-inch ginger slices
- 2 red onions, sliced
- String beans, sliced into 3-inch long pieces (add as much as you like)
- 1 whole finger chili (optional)
- 2 10-gram sachets Sinigang sa Sampalok mix, or more if desired
- 2 cups chili leaves/tops or kangkong
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 – 2 tablespoons patis/fish sauce, or more, to taste
- Trim off any excess fat from the lechon
- In a large pot, bring rice water to a boil. Once boiling, add the tomatoes, onions and ginger. Add the lechon, string beans and finger chili.
- Continue cooking until lechon and string beans become tender, around 5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and patis. Add the sinigang mix and adjust taste to your preference.
- Add the chili leaves or kangkong, and cook for 1 more minute. When done, remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
Source: The Hungry Giant
Share It To Your Friends!