Grilled Adidas (Grilled Chicken Feet) Recipe
- 1/2 pound chicken feet (about 6-8 feet, depending on size)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup kalamansi juice, or the juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-2 tsp. sambal oelek (chili-garlic paste) to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Wash and rinse the chicken feet under cold running water. Place the feet in a pot and fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the chicken by an inch. Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken feet are simmering, combine the soy sauce, kalamansi juice, oil, sambal, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- After the chicken feet have simmered for 20 minutes, drain the chicken feet into a large colander. Rinse the chicken feet with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Using a sharp knife, chop off the tips of each claw and discard. If there are any black spots or overly-scaly patches of skin on the “palms” of the chicken feet, remove those with a knife as well.
- Place the chicken feet in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the feet. Cover the chicken feet and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken feet from the marinade and place on a well-oiled grill over medium heat. Grill chicken feet for 8-10 minutes total, brushing with reserved marinade, and making sure to turn the feet every couple of minutes. Serve immediately.
Source: Burnt Lumpia
Grilled Adidas (Grilled Chicken Feet) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, May 01, 2017 Rating: