Ginger Beef Recipe
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 10 slices (1" dia) fresh ginger root
- 8 large sized scallions
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, ground ginger and ground garlic.
- Defrost and slice meat into 1" strips.
- Cut against the grain of the meat.
- Put in refrigerator container and place in refrigerator at least 20 minutes.
- Peel ginger root, slice into thin wafers.
- Dice them up with kitchen knife.
- Wash scallions and slice them into small wafers.
- Heat iron skillet or wok to high temperature (400 degrees) and spray with cooking spray.
- When vegetables are browned, add meat, liquid and all, to skillet or wok.
- Stir, focusing on browning all of the redness from the meat. The browning and cooking of the meat takes about 10 minutes; be sure not to run out of liquid.
- If so, add 1 tbsp water at a time until no burning will occur.
- Mix corn starch in small amount of water at very end of cooking. Pour slowly and stir quickly.
- For a little extra cooking time, turn down by half and let set, but don't leave it for more than 1 minute.
Source: Spark Recipes
Ginger Beef Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, May 08, 2017 Rating: