- 1 kilo pork chops or liempo (pork belly), or beef tenderloin or sirloin, thinly sliced
- 10 pieces calamansi, juiced
- 1 1/2 cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 medium-sized onions, cut into rings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Placed the first four ingredient into a bowl. Mixed thoroughly until the meat is well-covered. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and marinate the meat for about one hour, preferably overnight.
- In a large pan, fry potatoes until light brown. Set aside.
- Add more oil to the same pan. Over low to medium heat, panfry the meat. Turn over after about 5-7 minutes to cook both sides. Set aside on a serving plate. Do not throw away the oil.
- On the same pan, stir-fry the onions for about 15 seconds. Place the onions and the fried potatoes on top of the steak.
- Still on the same pan, sauté garlic. Pour in the leftover marinade. Add about half a cup of water. Simmer for about 3 minutes over low heat while gently scraping the bits of meat off the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce onto the steak.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Source: Luto Ni Lola
Share It To Your Friends!