Filipino Pancit Palabok Recipe
- 1/2 kilo miki noodles or bihon noodles
- 1/2 kilo small crabs
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
- 2 tablespoons of patis or fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 1 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1 1/2 cups of water
For the palabok toppings:
- Tinapa flakes (smoked fish), you can also use canned tuna flakes
- Cooked shrimps, shelled
- Adobong pusit (adobo squid rings), sliced into rings
- Pork chicharon, grounded
- Spring onions, chopped
- Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Fried garlic, minced
- Fresh calamansi (lemon), sliced
- Extract the crab fat and meat then set aside.
- Pound crab to extract crab juice on 1 1/2 cups of water
- On a pan, sauté garlic and onions until golden brown then add crab fat, crab meat, 1 1/2 cups of crab juice, patis and MSG. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn starch and continue to simmer while constantly stirring until thick.
- Put miki noodles or bihon noodles in a strainer and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Lay drained noodles on a platter and pour the pancit palabok sauce. Garnish with toppings and serve.
Source: Filipino Recipes
Filipino Pancit Palabok Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, May 11, 2017 Rating: