- Beef Tripe - 600 grams
- Baked Beans - 1 tall can
- Tomato Paste - 50 ml
- Bell pepper, diced - 1 large
- Carrots, diced - 1 medium
- Green onion leaves including the stalks, julienned
- Onions, julienned - 1 medium
- Sweet red paprika - as desired
- Garlic, chopped - 6 cloves
- Beef Bouillon - 1 cube
- Water -
- Low Sodium Salt - to taste
- Black pepper, cracked - to taste
- Olive oil or any vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Wash the tripe properly in running water then slice them into serving pieces.
- Dump the tripe in a pressure cooker, pour water at least an inch above the tripe, add salt, and cracked black pepper. Cook under pressure for 35 to 45 minutes, time has to start from the moment the pressure cooker whistles.
- Remove the cooked tripe from the pressure cooker. Throw away the liquid.
- Caution: Just make sure that the pressure from the cooker has been released before opening it otherwise it will explode on your face.
- In a wok or large frying pan, pour the oil, saute the garlic until aromatic, then add in the onion and green onion leaves, give a quick stir.
- Throw in the cooked tripe and stir fry for two minutes. Pour 1 cup of water on the tripe, add in the tomato paste and the beef bouillon, season with salt, red paprika, and black pepper, then bring to a boil. Cover and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes or until half of the liquid have evaporated.
- Pour the baked beans on the tripe, add in the carrots and bell pepper then continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Adjust taste as needed. Serve and enjoy.
Source: My Fresha-licious
Share It To Your Friends!