- 500g okra, washed, tops removed
- pinch of turmeric powder
- oil for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dried prawns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- salt, to taste
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 200ml coconut milk + 175ml water (you can use 375ml of coconut milk)
- Rub the okra with turmeric powder.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the okra until light brown. Remove from oil and set aside to drain.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a pan and bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the onions are cooked. This took about 10 minutes.
- Add the deep fried okra and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Source: Vi Vian's Food Blog
Share It To Your Friends!