- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken-breast halves, split and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed, thinly sliced, and well rinsed (4 cups)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound very small red potatoes (each 1 inch diameter), halved
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Dill sprigs, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large, straight-sided ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet, skin-side down; cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes a side. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add leeks to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in wine; cook until almost evaporated, 1 minute. Add broth and potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then add chicken, skin-side up; transfer to oven. Roast 15 minutes, then remove and add asparagus; season with salt. Cover and return to oven; roast until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a plate. Stir cream into skillet, then return chicken. Serve, with dill.
Source: Martha Stewart
Share It To Your Friends!