For the chicken:
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 Tbs. cumin seeds, toasted
- juice from half a lime
- 1 Tbs. dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 peeled shallot
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. grated and peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 serrano chile, stem removed
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- pinch of salt
For the Bok Choy:
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red thai bird chile, thinly sliced
- 1 head pak choi, cut into sections
- pinch of salt and pepper
- This is so good I can’t wait for you to read this. Throw the first 7 ingredients into a food processor and process with a few pulses. Add the coconut milk, sugar, ginger, turmeric and serrano chile in and process until smooth. Pour mixture into a large sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken chunks and seal. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for an hour, flipping the bag at 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or skillet to a medium-high. Remove chicken from bag and discard the marinade. Thread the chicken onto skewers, and give a tiny sprinkle of salt to them. Grill or saute until cooked through, roughly 6 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside to keep warm.
- Back in the skillet, add the oil, ginger, garlic and chile. Let bloom for 30 seconds. Add the pak choi and saute until slightly wilted, 3 minutes total.
Source: Bev Cooks
Share It To Your Friends!