For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp shaoxing rice cooking wine
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- ⅔ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 4 tsp coconut sugar
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced or cubed into consistently sized pieces
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 4 oz. cremini mushrooms
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- Combine the rice wine, chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the sauce and set aside. Put the prepped chicken in a bowl, and pour the unreserved sauce over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate while prepping vegetables, or at least for 15 minutes.
- Make a slurry by combing the arrowroot flour with the cold water, set aside.
- Remove chicken from the marinade with a slotted spoon to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. When a a droplet of water evaporates in about 1 second, you’ll know it’s ready. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, swirl to coat, then add chicken. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes or until cooked through. Promptly remove from the wok.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the wok. Add asparagus and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic; stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Quickly add the chicken back to the wok, and add the reserved sauce by drizzling it around the edges of the wok. When it starts to simmer, which should be immediately, quickly stir in the slurry until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds. Promptly remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with desired amount of sauce, and your grain or noodle of choice; I use brown rice or brown rice noodles (pictured).
Source: No Goji's No Glory
Share It To Your Friends!