Carne Frita Recipe
- 500 grams beef sirloin, sliced sukiyaki-style
- 5 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 calamansi
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- cooking oil
- 2 small onions, cut into rings
- sesame oil (optional)
- Wash the beef and pat dry with paper towels. Cut the beef into smaller pieces if the pieces are too big. Trim some of the ligaments away.
- In a big bowl, combine the beef, light soy sauce, garlic, and peppercorns. Squeeze the calamansi over the beef and mix well. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet or wok over high heat, put in 2 Tbsps. cooking oil. Drop in the pieces of beef one by one and let brown on both sides. Set aside any remaining marinade. The beef will release their liquid after a few minutes. Once the liquid is boiling briskly, reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes. Drain the liquid into the bowl of marinade and save for later.
- Bring the heat up to medium and continue to fry the beef, adding cooking oil as needed. When the beef has turned crisp at the edges and is done to your preference (we like ours browned but still chewy), add the beef liquid and marinade back in.
- Let the carne frita simmer for 2 minutes or so and then turn off the heat. Add in the onion rings and mix with the beef to cook the onions in residual heat. Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with a little sesame oil (optional) at the table.
Source: Run Away Spoon
Carne Frita Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, May 08, 2017 Rating: