- 1/4 kilo beef, (tapa cut)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon calamansi juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 piece white onion sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 portion beef broth cube
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- a pinch of ground pepper
- banana leaves for wrapping
- cooked white rice, as needed
- prepared bistek tagalog
- 1 piece salted egg, cut in half
- 1 piece tomato, slices
- 1 piece red onion slices
- Marinate beef in soy sauce, calamansi juice, liquid seasoning, and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and stir fry onions until half cooked. Set aside.
- Fry beef in the remaining oil until brown. Add water, beef broth cube, sugar and marinade then boil until meat becomes tender. If necessary, add more water and let it boil until the beef is tender and the sauce is reduced.
- Season to taste. Garnish with onion rings. Set Aside.
- For Binalot: Wash clean banana leaves and slightly run into low fire stove until wilted.
- Lay the banana leaves on the table. Arrange at the center, the rice, bistek tagalog (drizzled sauce over rice), salted egg, tomato and red onions.
- Wrap it properly and make sure it is leak proof. Can be taken to work as “baon”.
Source: The Maya Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!