- 8 large prawns (or 'shrimps' in the US) about 250 grams
- ginger slices no need to peel; enough to line plate
- beer 150ml estimate; enough to submerge prawns partially
- 1 tsp salt
- Using kitchen scissors, trim the head and tail end of the prawns. Make a small incision at the back (tail end) of the prawn and use a tooth pick to locate and pull out the veins at the back. Repeat the same for the underside of the prawns.
- Soak deveined prawns in a bowl of water with 1 tsp salt. After 10 minutes, drain and rinse the prawns.
- Line deep steaming plate with sliced ginger. Arrange prawns one layer on top of ginger. Pour enough beer to submerge the prawns partially.
- Prepare steamer. When water in steamer is boiling, steam the plate of prawns at high heat for about 4 minutes, or until the prawns turned fully orange. Do not over-cook.
Source: Noob Cook
Share It To Your Friends!