- 1 Pound Flank or Skirt Steak
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Canola Oil for Pan
- 2 Cups Snow Peas, washed
- 1 Cup Edamame, steamed *see note
- ⅓ Cup Sliced Green Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- Red Pepper Flakes *optional
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce (or Tamari for Gluten Free)
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ⅛ Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Prepare the meat by slicing thing against the grain. Set aside while you prepare the sauce and veggies.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and toast the sesame seeds, moving occasionally until golden. Remove to a plate.
- Turn the heat to medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the snow peas and saute until tender and starting to brown on the edges, about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a clean plate.
- Steam the edamame and then pop the beans out of the pods onto the snow peas.
- Turn the pan up to high heat and add another drizzle of oil. Add half of the meat with a little pepper over it. Cook until beginning to brown and then turn over. Cook for another few seconds and then remove to a clean plate. Do not cook until well done, you want a small amount of pink left especially since you'll be putting it back in the pan. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Add the steak, peas, edamame and green onions reserving, 1 tablespoon of onions for garnish into the pan and turn to medium heat. Add the sauce and cook for 1 minute or until everything is heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and serve with red pepper flakes for anyone who wants heat.
- For the Sauce
- In a glass measuring cup whisk together the sauce.
Source: Oh Sweet Basil
Share It To Your Friends!