Baked Fish Fillet With Tomato, Olive, And Capers Recipe
- 500 grams fish fillet, cut into serving portions (I used cod)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 small native tomatoes, chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, packed and very roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup green olives, very roughly chopped
- Pat the fish fillets dry and place them in a baking tray. I like to line mine with parchment but you certainly don’t have to. Drizzle the fillets with olive oil. Zest about half of the lemon over the fish. Cut the lemon in half and spritz the fillets with half the lemon juice. Sprinkle with just a touch of salt (your topping will be salty enough) and a good cracking of black pepper. Place in a pre-heated 400F oven and baked for 12-15 minutes or until fillets as just cooked. You know they are cooked when the meat flakes easily when poked with a small knife.
- While the fish is baking, heat a skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add a couple of generous swirls of olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the tomatoes and toss. Sauté until the tomatoes just start to soften but still maintain their shape. Add the anchovies and mix through, crushing them as you do. Add the capers and olives and toss. Cook for about a minute more then take off the heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil, some cracked black pepper, and toss one last time. Set aside.
- When the fish is done top each portion with the tomato mixture and serve.
Source: 80 Breakfast
Baked Fish Fillet With Tomato, Olive, And Capers Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, May 04, 2017 Rating: