Asian Pork Meatballs Recipe
- 1 1/4lbs lean ground pork
- 1 small egg (lightly beaten)
- ½ cup minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package stir-fry rice noodles
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using your hands mix together the pork, egg, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, and a few grinds of salt and pepper until combined. Roll into meatballs that are about the size of golf-balls. Place onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.).
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water and drain again.
- While the pasta is cooking in a medium bowl whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, sugar and hoisin sauce. Return the noodles to the pot and pour the sauce over the noodles. Toss to coat.
- Serve the meatballs on top of the pasta on individual plates. Top with sliced green onions.
Source: Blog Chef
Asian Pork Meatballs Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, May 02, 2017 Rating: