Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops bone-in (about 8 oz / 225 gr each)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or regular brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine grain salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and place a rack in the middle.
- In a small saucepan combine apple cider, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to a simmer, and cook until reduced and thickened — at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and mix with a fork — it will be the consistency of a crumbly paste.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels, and then cover the chops on all sides with the spice rub.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillet) over medium-high heat.
- When sizzling, add pork chops and sear on both sides until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 5 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from the oven, pour glaze over them, return in the oven and bake for further 5 minutes until caramelized.
- Serve immediately!
Source: The Iron You
Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 Rating: