- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 white rose potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly diced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces chorizo
- 8 – 10 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oil in a heavy 8-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add potatoes and onion, and season with salt. Cover, and cook, stirring often, until potatoes are tender, about 15 or so minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes and onion to a bowl. If needed, remove some of the oil. Add chorizo to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Pour onions and potatoes into the skillet and gently stir into chorizo until very well combined. Pour in egg mixture; stir gently until just combined. Cook, running a flexible spatula around the edges occasionally, until edges set and center is slightly runny, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place a plate, upside down, over skillet, and invert tortilla onto plate. Slide tortilla, cooked side up, back into skillet. Cook over low heat until completely set in the middle. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into squares.
Source: Jessica Burns
Share It To Your Friends!