- 1/2 kg fresh prawns, deveined and unpeeled
- a small handful of dried mung bean vermicelli, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn (optional)
- 2 stalks lemon grass, smashed (optional)
- 2 to 3 slices of lengkuas/galangal/laos/lam geong (optional)
- 1 to 2 red bird's eyes chilies, chopped (optional)
- a few sprigs of coriander leaves/cilantro
- 2 T tom yum seasoning granules
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 T light soy sauce
- 1/2 can chicken broth + 1 can water
- 1 lime, in wedges
- Season the prawns with 1 T tom yum seasoning. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a heat-proof dish.
- Arrange the prawns over the noodles. The water should just about cover the noodles.
- Steam 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of the prawns.
- Garnish and serve hot.
Source: Hunger Hunger
Share It To Your Friends!