Szechuan Red Chili Oil Wonton Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Szechwan peppercorns
- ¼ cup Szechwan chili oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free oyster sauce
- 4 teaspoons organic sugar
- ½ teaspoon Szechwan peppercorn powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 scallion, minced
- Toast Szechwan peppercorns in a small skillet until fragrant (this takes just a few minutes); let cool; grind in spice grinder or coffee grinder; sift and save powdered peppercorns.
- Place chili oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, ½ teaspoon of the toasted Szechwan peppercorn powder, and sesame oil in a small saucepan and warm just to melt sugar.
- Toss with cooked wontons and sprinkle with scallions before serving.
Source: Jeanette's Healthy Living
Szechuan Red Chili Oil Wonton Sauce Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, April 10, 2017 Rating: