Steamed Mussels With Spicy White Sauce Recipe
- ½ kilo fresh mussels
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup Japanese mayo
- ¾ teaspoon chopped dill, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne powder
- Rinse, scrub and rinse the mussels. Repeat. Soak in the fridge for several hours (see complete explanation and instructions).
- Drain the mussels and pull out the beards.
- Boil water in the steamer.
- Place the mussels and in the steamer basket and steam over briskly boiling water for two minutes. Remove from the steamer and cool slightly.
- While the mussels cool, make the sauce. Cut the garlic cloves into halves and toast in an oil-free pan until lightly browned. Shake off the skins and discard. Mince the garlic.
- Mix together the minced garlic, yogurt, Japanese mayo and half of the dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pry the partially opened mussel shells and discard the empty halves.
- Arrange the mussels on a plate or plates. Spoon some sauce over each. Sprinkle with the remaining dill and cayenne powder.
- Serve the steamed mussels with spicy white sauce immediately.
Source: Casa Veneracion
Steamed Mussels With Spicy White Sauce Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Saturday, April 29, 2017 Rating: