- 5 lbs. of pork shoulder, but into fist sized pieces
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of chipotle powder
- 2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Liter of canned plum tomatoes
- 2-4 chipotle peppers (depending how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 table spoon of dried oregano
- ¼ cup of tomato paste
- 1 cup of water
- Make sure the pork is well trimmed of the excess fat before cooking.
- Put the pieces of pork shoulder, the oil, and all the seasonings in a large plastic ziplock bag.
- Shake the bag until all the meat is coated evenly.
- Heat up your barbecue on high and sear the meat on all sides. Make sure to season the meat well with salt and pepper.
- Make sure the meat is well caramelized as this will develop the most flavor.
- Add the meat to your slow cooker.
- In your food processor, blend together all of the sauce ingredients and cover the meat.
- Turn on your slow cooker until it maintains a simmer, but not a boil. Cook for 4-5 hours, or until the meat falls apart with a pair of tongs.
- Check seasoning of the sauce prior to serving.
Source: Fresh Menu Planner
Share It To Your Friends!