For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound (1/2 kilo) of lean ground beef
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 5 - 7 drops of tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 3 tbsp of white vinegar
- 5-6 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 whole cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 large chopped tomato
- ½ an onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ tsp of pepper or pepper corns
- ¼ tsp of hot pepper flakes or 1 chopped chili
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the ground beef in a mixing bowl. Add in the breadcrumbs, egg, ketchup, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, salt, and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, mix until partially combined. Then, change to your hands and message all of the ingredients into the meat.
- Spray a baking sheet with some baking spray. Scoop up a handful of the mixture (a couple of tablespoons) and roll it into a ball. Place the meatball on the baking sheet and repeat the process for the rest of the mixture.
- Place the meatballs in the preheated oven and bake them for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour some oil into a pan over medium high heat. Add in the onion, garlic, and tomato. Saute and stir for 2 or 3 minutes until the tomato is soft.
- Add in the beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, pepper corns, hot pepper flakes, and sugar. Allow it to come to a boil. Do not stir it.
- After a boil, give it a stir. Add the meat balls in and spoon some of the sauce over them. Reduce the heat to medium and allow it to simmer, occasionally spooning some sauce over the meatballs, for about 15 minutes.
- Put the meatballs on some steamed or fried rice and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve and enjoy your spicy meatballs adobo.
Source: Cook N Share
Share It To Your Friends!