Slow Cooker Chinese Three Cup Chicken Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken parts (I used dark meat; remove skin for less fat)
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, left whole
- 5 slices ginger, each the size of a quarter
- 1 scallion, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup rice wine or sherry
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce (see notes for gluten-free version)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet and add garlic, ginger and scallion; sauté until fragrant, then add chicken pieces. Lightly brown chicken pieces. Transfer everything from skillet to slow cooker. Add rice wine, dark soy sauce and regular soy sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
Source: Jeanette's Healthy Living
Slow Cooker Chinese Three Cup Chicken Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, April 10, 2017 Rating: