- 1 pound boneless chicken breast or thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 carrots coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks coarsely chopped
- 1 10- ounce package mushrooms finely chopped (I used the food processor)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 potatoes cut up
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- 3 leaves fresh sage
- 1 small fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 1/2 cups Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce or Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Season chicken with paprika, salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet. Place chicken in pan and brown on both sides. Remove to slow cooker.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms to pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables are fragrant and any liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Scoop into slow cooker.
- Add potatoes, herbs, Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce, and chicken broth to slow cooker and toss everything gently. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Source: Jeanette's Healthy Living
Share It To Your Friends!