- 1/2 kilo shrimp ( I used tiger shrimp or sugpo)
- 3-4 cups water or rice wash
- 2 pcs. big red plump tomatoes quartered
- 1 large onion
- Prepared tamarind soup base or you can use ready-made Sinigang mix (in bottle or pack)
- Kangkong or Water Spinach
- other vegetables (eggplant, radish, string beans)
- 3 pcs. finger chili
- Patis or Fish Sauce to taste
- Make a tamarind soup base by boiling a handful of tamarind fruit in water or rice wash (hugas-bigas) until tender. Mash the tamarind while still boiling. Use a strainer to filter bits of tamarind.
- Add tomatoes and onion to the soup base and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the to tomatoes are tender.
- Add all vegetables except kangkong and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the shrimp and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Season with patis before dumping the Kangkong.
- Lower the heat, let the broth simmer for 2 minutes. Make sure that all the vegetables are cooked just right. Serve.
Source: Luto Luto Blog
Share It To Your Friends!