- 500gm pork belly with skin (cut into pieces)
- 15gm chinese mushrooms (soaked, cleaned - squeeze till it is dry)
- 2 nos star anise - 八角
- 4 garlic cloves with skin (flatten)
- 1 liter water
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp "Shaoxing" cooking wine
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- dash of pepper
- salt to taste
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- Marinade the pork belly pieces with the seasoning for at least 30mins.
- Heat up 3 tbsp oil, fragrant garlic cloves until golden in color. Add in star anises, stir-fry briskly until aromatic.
- Add in the marinade pork belly pieces, stir well until the color of the pork changes. Add in mushrooms pieces and water, bring it to boil.
- Cover up, lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour until the gravy is thicken. Add in hard-boiled eggs.
- Season it with some pepper & salt to taste. Dish up, serve hot.
Source: Cooking Crave
Share It To Your Friends!