- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 5 slices of white bread, crusts removed, cut into triangles (4 triangles per slice of bread)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
- Pulse shrimp, egg and salt in food processor until mostly smooth though some lumps in the shrimp mousse is fine. Add in scallions and pulse again just until the scallions are incorporated.
- Spread shrimp mousse on top of each triangle, making sure to spread evenly across.
- Add oil to pot being used for frying, about 1 inch deep. Bring oil to a medium high heat. Dip shrimp mousse side of toast into breadcrumbs, so that it covers the shrimp mousse. Place toast into hot oil, frying the shrimp side first. When it turns golden, turn it to the other side and fry until toast side is also golden. You can cook a few at a time. Serve warm. You can garnish with fresh herbs like scallions or parsley.
Source: Kirbie's Cravings
Share It To Your Friends!