- 1 large mud crab cleaned and quartered.
- Seasoned flour (cornflour or plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Lots of oil for deep frying
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 chilli chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Spring onions chopped
- In a hot pan dry roast the salt, sugar and pepper. This should probably take less than 5 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Heat up lots of oil for deep frying.
- Dust the crab pieces in seasoned flour. Deep fry these till cooked. The timing depends on how big the pieces are.Set aside.
- In a large wok, heat up a bit of oil. Sauté the onion, garlic and chillies for a couple of minutes.
- Throw in the crab piece and toss for a couple more minutes.
- Sprinkle your pre-prepared salt/sugar/pepper mixture and toss a bit more. Add the spring onions just before serving.
Source: The Bean Counter
Share It To Your Friends!