- 1 Onion, halved and thickly sliced
- 2 Parsnips, diced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Potato, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml chicken stock (I used a stock cube)
- Salt and Pepper
- Dried parsley for garnishing
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Make slashes in the chicken thighs and marinate them in the spices with a teaspoon of oil. Season with salt and keep aside for an hour (Overnight would be great, but not necessary)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- In a baking dish, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, parsnips and potatoes (the yellow pepper will go in later). Add a teaspoon of oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the vegetables and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the vegetables from the oven, toss them lightly and place the chicken thighs on them. Pour over the stock and bake again for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the yellow peppers to the baking dish and increase the temperature of the oven to 220 C and bake further for about 20 minutes until the chicken is lightly brown and done.
- Garnish with some dried parsley.
Source: Mukta's Food Diaries
Share It To Your Friends!