Roasted Char Siew Pork Recipe
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce: 1 tbsp
- Light soya sauce: 3 tbsp
- Shaoxing wine: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 2, finely chopped
- Maltose: 125g
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- 5-spice powder: ½ tsp
- Red colouring: 3 drops
- Fermented tofu (Nam Yue): 2 cubes, mashed
- Pork shoulder butt: 500g, cut into one long strip
- Combine salt, sugar, hoisin sauce, light soya sauce, shaoxing wine, garlic, maltose, sesame oil, 5-spice powder, red colouring and fermented tofu together in a pot.
- Heat pot and bring sauce mixture to a simmer to combine. Switch off heat and leave to cool.
- Place pork in a resealable bag. Pour marinade into bag. Press air out and seal. Leave to marinate in fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven at 230 degrees.
- Place pork onto grill rack, with bottom of oven covered with aluminium foil to catch the drippings. Bake 15min.
- Turn pork around. Bake for another 15min.
- In the meantime, place remaining marinade sauce into another pot. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer and reduce the sauce until it is thickened.
- Brush reduced marinade over pork after 30min of baking.
- Continue baking for 4 min at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Turn pork over and brush with marinade. Continue baking for another 4min.
- Remove from oven and rest 15min before slicing to serve.
Source: Honest Cooking
Roasted Char Siew Pork Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Saturday, April 15, 2017 Rating: