- 1/2 Kilo Beef Spare Ribs
- 1/2 Kilo Mutton (cut into cubes)
- 2 big Potatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1 Cup beef broth
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce (about 8 Oz)
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 5 ripe small tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Cup cane vinegar (or distilled white vinegar)
- 3 teaspoon Spanish Paprika
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- Asparagus spears (chopped stalks leaving the tips about 1 and 1/2 inch length)
- 3/4 cup of frozen mixed diced carrots, corn and peas (if you prefer to use fresh ingredients go right ahead)
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste for that extra kick
- (optional: you may want to add red and green bell peppers and some sliced mushrooms to add flavor, texture and color to the dish. I didn't have these on hand at the time but I would have wanted to use those additional ingredients)
- In a non-stick frying pan, saute garlic and onion with olive oil until onion starts to caramelize, add in the meat to brown slightly. Add broth to the pan and transfer the entire contents to the rice cooker pot. Add in all of the remaining ingredients ingredients except for the asparagus. Add enough water if necessary just to cover all of the ingredients.
- Set to "cook rice" and once boiling just leave on for another 30 minutes. The just switch it to keep warm mode and leave for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the fat or tallow accumulating on the top of the pot with a ladle. This is mainly due to the mutton but if you are only cooking beef then it should not be too much. Set it to cook again for 20 minutes placing the remaining asparagus with tips to the pot. Serve piping hot.
Source: It's All About Food
Share It To Your Friends!