Pressure Cooker Meatloaf Recipe
For the Meatloaf
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup of panko, Japanese bread crumbs
- ½ cup of sweet onion, minced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp carrot, minced finely
- 2 tbsp celery, minced finely
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- ½ lb of lean ground beef
- ½ lb of lean ground pork
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound of small red potatoes, cleaned and halved
- 4 large carrot
- 1 cup water
- Options for the Meatloaf glaze:
- Brown gravy
- Tomato sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Whisk together the milk and egg in a small bowl; add the Panko crumbs and set aside until all the milk has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, mince the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and parsley together in a food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the Panko mixture, onion mixture, ground pork and ground beef, sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Mix together gently with just your fingertips. Once combined, form the mixture into a loaf and place on a sheet of aluminum foil making sure the meatloaf fits into your pressure cooker.
- Fold the sheet of aluminum foil up and around the meatloaf to form a packet, leaving the top open slightly to release the steam.
- Place the steamer rack into the bottom of the pressure cooker. Place the aluminum foil packet of meatloaf on top of it. Add the potatoes and carrots around the sides. Add the 1 cup of water around the sides of the pan.
- Cover with the lid and lock the pressure cooker making sure the pressure release valve is set to “sealing.”
- Select "Manual" and cook at High Pressure for 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and release the steam valve by "quick release". Once the pot has released the pressure, carefully open the lid.
- Confirm the meatloaf’s internal temperature is at least 160°F with a food thermometer.
- Serve immediately with or without the optional meatloaf glaze or gravy.
Source: Kitchen Dreaming
Pressure Cooker Meatloaf Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 Rating: