Prawn Curry Laksa Recipe
- 150g vermicelli noodles
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 raw king prawns, peeled
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 100ml coconut milk
- 100g spinach, cut into 10cm strips
- 6 pieces of ready-made fried spongy tofu, each cut into 4
- 100g beansprouts
- Juice of 1 lime
For the spice paste
- 8 dried chillies, soaked in boiling water for ten minutes
- 3 shallots
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2.5cm of fresh ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass (use bottom half only)
- ½ teaspoons shrimp paste, dry-toasted (or fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 green cardamom pods
- Purée all the paste ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Add a little water if the paste is too dry
- Put the vermicelli noodles into a bowl and add 1 litre of boiling water. Blanch for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Transfer the noodles into a bowl of ice-cold water for 3 minutes, then drain again and set aside.
- In a frying pan, dry-toast the spice mix ingredients on a medium heat for 30 seconds, then transfer to a spice grinder and grid until fine.
- In a bowl, mix together thoroughly the blended spice paste, ground spice mix and ground turmeric.
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the oil and sauté the spice paste mix for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, until they have turned pink and are cooked. Add the salt, sugar and coconut milk, along with 750ml of water, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the spinach, tofu, beansprouts, drained noodles and lime juice. Cook for 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and serve.
Source: The Spruce
Prawn Curry Laksa Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, April 20, 2017 Rating: