Pork Sinigang With Pakwan Recipe
- 500 grams Pork Belly 3 inches x 1 inch slices
- 3 tbsp Knorr Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 liter water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 onion, cut into 2 wedges
- 3 pcs tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only
- 2 pcs fresh kaffir leaves (optional)
- 200 grams gabi, sliced into cubes
- 500 grams seedless watermelon, peeled & cut into 1inch cubes (divided into 2 parts)
- 1 22-gram pack Knorr Sinigang sa Gabi mix
- 1 cube from Knorr Beef Cubes
- 2 long green chillies, sliced
- 150 grams sitaw, cut into 7 cm lengths
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, plus extra to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100 grams okra
- 1 bunch water kangkong
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Steamed rice, to serve
- fish sauce to serve
- Marinate the pork belly in Knorr Liquid Seasoning for at least 30 mins.
- Place a large casserole over medium-high heat. Add the oil and, working in batches, cook the pork until evenly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and onions to the casserole. Add the tomatoes, ginger lemongrass, gabi and watermelon and cook for 2 minutes before returning the pork to the casserole.
- Add the water, Knorr Sinigang Mix and Knorr Beef Cube. Cook for a further 1–1½ hours until the pork is almost tender.
- When the pork is tender. Remove the pork from the casserole and set aside. Strain the liquid and add the fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Add the remaining watermelon, beans, and okra and cook for 20 minutes, before adding the water spinach and cooking for a further minute until all the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with steamed white rice and fish sauce for dipping.
Pork Sinigang With Pakwan Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, April 07, 2017 Rating: