Pork Adobo Recipe
- 3-heads of garlic (You can even add one more if you are a big garlic fun)
- A splash of olive oil
- 1-kilo pork belly slab/s with skin on (Of course!)
- 120ml soy sauce
- 250ml white vinegar
- 3-tablespoons sugar
- 1-teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 4-dried bay leaves
- Chop garlic heads in half with skin on.
- Sprinkle with salt and a splash of olive oil. Make sure that all garlic halves are well coated with salt and olive oil.
- Roast in pre-heated oven (200 degrees in mine) for 30-minutes until melty and golden brown. Do not remove from the oven just yet…
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, peppercorns and bay leaves in a separate container.
- Score pork belly skin and dunk the pork belly slabs into the soy, vinegar, sugar and herb mixture.
- Pull out the roasting pan with roasted garlic, transfer the pork belly with adobo sauce onto the pan and return to the hot oven.
- Roast for 1-hour and a half, basting the pork belly slabs with the adobo sauce every 15-minutes.
- Once the pork belly skin is slightly crispy and adobo sauce reduced by 50%, remove the pan from the oven and slice the pork belly into cubes.
- Return the sliced pork belly into the roasting pan and make sure that the fatty cubes are coated with adobo sauce.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 15-minutes.
Source: D for Delicious
Pork Adobo Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 Rating: