Poached Cod With Tomatoes And Saffron Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint cherry (or grape) tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh basil
- Pinch of saffron threads [See Notes]
- 1/4 cup whole Greek olives
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) skinless cod fillets
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and crushed red peppers and cook about 3 minutes - stirring often.
- Add sliced tomatoes, onions, and Greek olives (optional). Cook until the tomatoes begin to lose their shape - about 2-3 minutes
- Add wine, bay leaves, saffron, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer (medium-low heat); season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Add chopped fresh basil (to taste).
- Season the cod filets with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Cover and cook at a low simmer until cod is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 5–7 minutes. Thicker fillets may take a little longer to cook. Add fresh basil
- Transfer cod to shallow bowls and spoon poaching liquid over.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
Source: Kitchen Dreaming
Poached Cod With Tomatoes And Saffron Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 Rating: