- 3 pcs. butterfish (about half a pound each), cleaned and gills removed
- 1 knob ginger, sliced and pounded
- 6 cloves garlic, skin removed
- 1 pc. medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3 pieces green chili pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- a pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cooking oil
- Rub the cleaned fish with salt. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, arrange fish and put all the ingredients on top except for the cooking oil.
- Cover and let it simmer for about fifteen minutes in a low fire or until the vinegar sauce dries up.
- Pour the cooking oil and continue simmering for a minute. Remove from heat before the fish gets toasted.
- Serve the dish with steamed rice,
Source: Cook Eat Share
Share It To Your Friends!