Pancit Bihon Recipe
- 8 ounces “Excellent” brand rice sticks
- 2-3 pieces chicken thighs or drumsticks
- 1 small green cabbage (shredded in 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2-3 medium carrots (either shredded or chopped thinly crosswise)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 pound shrimp (remove the shell)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (sunflower or canola is recommended)
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional, add 1 tablespoon soy sauce if not adding fish sauce)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Calamansi or Lemon wedge
- Chopped scallions
- Chili garlic oil
- Boil chicken in 4 cups of water to make the stock. Once cooked, shred the chicken meat into thin strips. Discard the bones and set the stock aside.
- Heat a large wok to medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Stir fry the garlic and onions until the onions turn clear. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shredded chicken pieces and shrimp (if using). Once the shrimp turns pink, add cabbage and carrots.
- Lightly stir fry 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture onto a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into the heated wok. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add rice sticks, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Boil for another 5 minutes or so until there is approximately 1/4 cup stock left.
- Add the meat mixture back into the wok. Lightly stir fry until all the liquid has evaporated. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, chopped scallions, and chili garlic oil.
Source: I Am Pinoypi
Pancit Bihon Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, April 14, 2017 Rating: