Pan Fried Chicken In Tomato Sauce Recipe
For the Chicken
- 2 large Chicken Breasts cut into 2 each.
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
For the Tomato Sauce
- 4 large ripe Tomatoes chopped into medium sized chunks (the tomatoes must be juicy and ripe) Alternatively you can use a 400 G tin of Tomatoes.
- ½ cup Red Wine
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lots of freshly chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Capers (optional)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock (you may need a little more if your sauce is too dry)
- 2 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 50 g diced Pancetta or Bacon (Optional)
- Put the Chicken breast in between a sheet of Baking paper and using a rolling pin beat them a bit to flatten them, this makes the cooking faster.
- In a plate add the Flour, salt, pepper, dried thyme and Lemon zest and mix well. Rub the Chicken breasts on both sides with the flour. Remove any excess flour stuck to the breast
- Heat Olive oil in a pan and place the Chicken pieces, fry on both sides till Golden Brown. Remove from the pan and drain on a kitchen towel.
- In the same pan add a little more Oil if needed or use whatever is left over.
- Add the chopped Garlic, Capers and Pancetta/Bacon and fry for 5 minutes . Now add the chopped Tomatoes and cook till the Tomatoes are mushy and almost done.
- Add the Wine and bring to a boil. Add the Vinegar, Salt, Pepper and Chicken stock and bring to a boil again.
- Now gently add the Chicken Breasts, cover and cook for another 10 minutes or so till the Chicken is nice and tender and the sauce is thick. If you feel the sauce is too watery, remove the Cooked Chicken breasts and cook the sauce on a high flame for the extra water to evaporate, till you have desired consistency.
- Sprinkle lots of freshly chopped Parsley and serve.
Source: Just A Girl From Aamchi Mumbai
Pan Fried Chicken In Tomato Sauce Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, April 07, 2017 Rating: