- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin, bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced into 1-2" sections
- Rice or rice noodles, to serve.
- In a large, sealable freezer bag, combine the sliced flank steak and cornstarch. Seal, shake, and toss until the flank steak pieces are evenly coated in the cornstarch.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add in the beef pieces and stir-fry until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add in the ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the soy sauce, water, and dark brown sugar, and stir until well combined and the sugar has evaporated. Cook until the sauce slightly thickens, about 3 minutes, add in the crushed red pepper flakes, and then add back in the beef. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir, and add in the green onions. Cook for an additional minute and then serve over rice or rice noodles.
Source: Host the Toast
Share It To Your Friends!