- 1-1/4lb flank or sirloin steak, cut very thin against the grain
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons reduced-sodium gluten-free Tamari, divided
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons gluten-free flour, divided
- 3/4 cup gluten-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (or more or less)
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons water, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoon high heat cooking oil, divided
- cooked rice, for serving
- Add sliced steak, 2 Tablespoons gluten-free Tamari, and 1 Tablespoon gluten-free flour to a large Ziplock bag then seal and squish to evenly coat. Place the bag into the refrigerator to marinate while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup gluten-free Tamari, remaining 1-1/2 Tablespoons gluten-free flour, chicken broth, brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons water, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ground ginger, and red chili pepper flakes to a bowl then whisk to combine and set aside.
- Heat a large wok or nonstick skillet over high heat then add remaining 1/4 cup water. Once simmering, add broccoli then stir fry until crisp tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove to a plate then set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in wok then, once hot, add 1/2 the marinated beef in one layer. Let sit undisturbed until seared, 30 seconds, then stir fry until just barely cooked through (some pink still showing is ok.) Remove to plate with broccoli. Heat remaining Tablespoon oil then stir fry remaining beef and add to plate.
- Add sauce to wok then simmer until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Add cooked broccoli and beef back into the wok then simmer until everything is heated through, 1 minute. Serve over cooked rice.
Source: Iowa Girl Eats
Share It To Your Friends!