Lechon Paksiw Sa Mang Tomas Recipe
- 1.5 kg. pork lechon , chop into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil or pork fat from the roasting tray of lechon.
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 200 grams onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. black peppercorn
- 3 pcs. bayleafs
- 2 bottle ( 340grms./bot.) Mang Tomas lechon sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 Tbsp. vinegar (6% acidity)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat cooking oil or pork fat in a large cooking pot on high heat.
- Saute garlic, onions, black peppercorn and bayleafs. Stir until onions are translucent.
- Pour in the Mang Tomas lechon sauce. Add the water, sugar and vinegar.
- Add the pork lechon chunks. Stir generously, let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black peppers to taste.
- Serve with warm Steamed Rice.
Source: I Cook On Board
Lechon Paksiw Sa Mang Tomas Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 Rating: