Kalderetang Manok Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken Legs
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns (lightly cracked)
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- Canola oil for frying
- 500 gm Tomato Sauce
- 1 85gm can of Liver Spread
- 2 pcs medium sized Bell Pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 2 pcs long Green or Red chilli [optional]
- 1/3 cup bottled olives – drained [optional]
- 1 can of Green Peas (you can also use fresh or frozen 1/2 cup)
- 250 gm Potatoes – (peeled and quartered)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Hot Chilli Sauce [optional]
- In a bowl add the following ingredients vinegar, salt, garlic, and peppercorns, then mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken pieces to the mixture and mix well. Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours.
- In a big pot, heat oil for frying. Fry the potatoes till cooked.
- Now, Drain the Chicken from marinade and fry briefly in the oil in batches. Set aside.
- Remove oil from the pot but leave about 2 Tbsp. Heat up again and saute the onion on medium heat until soft and translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
- Scoop out the garlic and peppercorns from the marinade and add to the onion. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add in the browned chicken, stir for a minute then add the rest of the marinade, stir and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in the Tomato Sauce and bell pepper. Bring to boil then turn down the heat.
- Add the fresh chilli, simmer until meat is almost done, Now add the Liver Spread and mix well to combine.
- Add potatoes and peas. Simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Add grated cheese, mix well until cheese has melted.
- Taste the Kaldereta sauce and add salt to correct seasonings, you can now add the Hot Chilli Sauce if preferred.
- Serve warm with Rice.
Source: Lutuing Bahay
Kalderetang Manok Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Saturday, April 01, 2017 Rating: