- 2 slab of baby back ribs
- Half cup of low-salt or dark soy sauce
- Quarter cup of honey
- 2 Tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Use a knife to remove silver skin from underneath the ribs
- Mix together soy sauce, honey, wine, chilli sauce, garlic and ginger. Add ribs and coat well. Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour in fridge (overnight is even better).
- Place ribs, marinade, star anise and cinnamon in a large heavy-bottomed pan. Pour in just enough water to cover. Bring to simmer and cook for about 1 hour until tender.
- Remove ribs and set aside. Turn up heat to reduce the sauce until it is thick and sticky.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (or 400°F).
- Brush ribs with reduced sauce and place in oven to roast for 10 to 15mins. Turn ribs once and brush with extra coatings of sauce every few minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into individual ribs, and garnish with coriander.
Source: Cooking In The City
Share It To Your Friends!