Grilled Baby Octopus With Spring Salad Recipe
- Baby octopus 300 Gram, cleaned
- Apple cider vinegar 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Bay leafs 2
- Garlic 1 Clove (5 gm), smashed
- Ground black pepper 1 Pinch
- Fennel seed 1⁄2 Teaspoon
- Garlic 2 Clove (10 gm)
- Ground black pepper To Taste
- Fresh lemon juice 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Water 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Salt To Taste
- Cranberry beans 50 Gram (about small handful)
- Purple potatoes 2
- Radish 1 , thinly sliced
- Red spinach 50 Gram (enough for 2 people)
- Fresno chili To Taste, brunoise
- Pickled onions To Taste (Optional)
- Fresh basil leaves 4 , chiffonade
- In a large pot, combine apple cider vinegar, water, black pepper, bay leaf, garlic, and octopus.
- Place the pot on flame and bring it to a gentle boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain and cut octopus as shown in the video.
- Place a pot of water on flame, drop cranberry beans, and purple potatoes in it. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and cut potatoes into half.
- For dressing, in motor and pestle drop garlic, fennel seed, and black pepper. Ground well.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and water. Give it a good stir. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
- On grill, place octopus and cook for 2 minutes.
- On serving platter, place some red spinach. Top it with grilled octopus, purple potatoes, and radish. Scatter some beans around the platter.
- Garnish with Fresno chili, pickled onion and basil leaves.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Grilled Baby Octopus With Spring Salad Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 Rating: