- 2-3 kgs. whole tuna bonito, cleaned, gutted and cut into 3cm thick steaks.
- 1 can (400ml.) coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 Thumbsized ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 med. yellow onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 pcs. green chillies
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fish sauce for extra taste
- In a large cooking pot, place the cooking oil, ginger, onions and green chillies.
- Add the Tuna Bonito steaks, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour in the coconut milk and white vinegar.
- Place the cooking pot in very high heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to medium-slow and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Taste and add fish sauce to give extra taste.
- Served warm with hot steamed rice and garlic chilli oil.
Source: I Cook On Board
Share It To Your Friends!